Finding Best-of-Breed Software
Work order management software is a competitive market, but certain characteristics set the top competitors apart from others. These best-of-breed companies provide more than the bare minimum for maintenance and work order process flows.
Best-of-breed work order management software will additionally include safety instructions with the work orders, to increase the safety parameters for the maintenance activities. Further, this software package will ensure and appropriately allocate skilled labor hours to complete the orders, both planned and unplanned.
Technological and mobile advances enhance work order maintenance software by allowing for access to the system for reporting, budgeting, or ad-hoc analyses from any web browser or mobile devices. As such, best-of-breed software packages literally put all the information necessary to manage work order maintenance within arm’s reach, any time of day, from anywhere.
Our CMMS and EAM software automates work order management by streamlining the process from beginning to end. Features include:
• Keep track of labor, parts and miscellaneous maintenance costs
• Estimate and track labor (internal and contract)
• Group multiple assets and procedures together on a single order
• Quickly assign labor hours for faster processing and closing
• Schedule resources for specific work orders
• Graphically show outstanding work for the day, week or month
• Reschedule work orders and assign internal and contract labor with a few clicks of a mouse
• Re-open work orders as necessary to make corrections or add information until the accounting year has been closed
• Perform downtime tracking
• Notifications to employees based on type of work and status